The importance of variety and challenge in your fitness routines
If you want to make fitness training part of your personal situation, it's important to keep it interesting. I've been training for over 10 years, so I know all about what it's like to get bored with your workout routines. I also found a way to keep it exciting though. Here are some tips:
- Variation in your workouts: You can play with the number of reps and look for a challenges in the amount of weight you train with, but you can also think of supersets, giant sets or circuit training. You can also try to incorporate other sports into your regime, such as kickboxing, calisthenics, yoga or cross fit.
- Changing your training environment: Try a different gym, train outside or take 2 subscriptions so you can alternate.
- If you always train alone, you can try a training partner or switch gym buddy to try new methods. Try to open yourself up to suggestions, with fitness you never stop learning.
- New clothes: If you look good, you often feel good and that can provide a new boost.
- Pre-workout: On the days when you don't feel like training or you are very tired, it can help to take a pre-workout. It provides an extra push in the right direction.
- And the most important: Set new goals for yourself. Constantly try to set a new goal and tell others about it as well, soo you will be held accountable. Examples of goals: gain muscle mass, lose fat, run a marathon, participate in mud masters, or be photo shoot ready. Make sure that you set a deadline for your goal. In short: I want to achieve goal X in X time.
Enjoying! I'll see you at the next one.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.